- Weddings Romantique New Location
- 2019 Coral Wedding Theme
- 2020 Greenery Wedding Theme
- 2019 Boho Chic Wedding Dresses
- 2020 Spring Wedding Trends
- 2019 Fall Wedding Theme Ideas
- Elegant Wedding Seating Chart Ideas
- Elegant Le Blanc Los Cabos Weddings
- 2019 Elegant Cancun Wedding Venues
- 2019 White and Gold Wedding Themes
Stylish Wedding Veils
Stylish Wedding Veils
Your wedding veil completes your bridal accessory. It is important that you pick a veil that matches your style and personality to make a statement. However, in choosing your veil you need to consider how the veil works with your wedding gown, face shape, body shape, hairstyle and the venue wedding location.
Choosing an appropriate wedding veil can be tricky, below are some tips that will give you some guidelines on how to select the most exquisite finishing touch to your bridal look.
- Length: When it comes to wedding veils, there are 3 popular lengths:
- Elbow-length (30 inches long), Fingertip-length (36 inches long), Cathedral length (floor length).
- The elbow-length veil is generally reserved for wedding gowns without a train and often compliments those gowns with a full shirt.
- The fingertip-length veil is a versatile length choice and its length should reach the fingertips of the bride.
- Cathedral length veils are most commonly worn during formal weddings.
- An elbow-length veil falls to the wearer’s elbow. This waist-length veil works well to cover the bride’s back. It is a nice, less formal length for a ball gown-style dress for which the waist is very defined.
- A fingertip-length veil falls to the end of the bride’s middle finger. This is the second longest length of veil. It works well with A-line style dresses because it continues the line of the dress
- Blushers: The blusher is a simple veil used to cover the face before the ceremony, then removed or flipped back before the big kiss.
- Mantilla veils are usually created in lace or embellished with lace trim. Cut in a circular or square shape, they’re usually attached to a headband, comb or clips, and fall flat against the face. They are usually paired with a simple gown so the veil takes center stage.
- Shorter or mid-length veils are an ideal choice for showing off your back or the back of your wedding gown:
- For a more glamorous, dramatic look the full length veil has become very popular at outdoor weddings, where it can flow and ribbon in the air.
- For a simple gown, an embellished veil will help create a more detailed and interesting overall look.
- Highly detailed gowns look stunning offset by a plain, straight veil.
These tips are guidelines for choosing your wedding veil.Check with your wedding dress designer and consultant when you are purchasing your wedding dress to find out what is the appropriate veil that matches your dress
Images are courtesy of Pronovias, worldwide leader in bridal fashion, click here to check out their website for more information
At Weddings Romantique, we will be glad to help you plan your Stylish Destination Weddings, we will take care of your destination wedding services from sourcing the right vendors, creating a stylish event that reflect your personality and budget to all the legal requirements for getting married on away from home and provide personalized group travel arrangements for all your guests.
We will manage your wedding planning process by providing snapshots of the design inspiration elements to allow all vendor providers to bring their parts forward, so the band plays on cue, the plates are placed in perfect harmony and candles lit just as the sun begins to set to begin your wedding celebrations!
Let us be your Destination Weddings Team, please fill our inquiry form and tell us about your ideas and vision and we will be glad to contact and set up your one hour complimentary consultation!