Destination Wedding Planning Tips:
At Weddings Romantique: We will take care of your destination wedding services from sourcing the right vendors, creating a stylish event that reflect your personality and budget to all the legal requirements for getting married on away from home. We put together some destination wedding planning tips to help you understand the planning process, from deciding on a destination to showing your guests a good time. If you are a busy bride and do not have the time to plan your destination wedding, or just want to figure out your destination wedding budget and need a wedding professional to guide you through the process, we would love to help you!.
Hope you find these tips helpful to plan your wedding.
Top Five things to look for when choosing your Wedding Resorts:
- Small or Large wedding Resorts Options. The size of a resort plays a big role in the atmosphere of your wedding guest experience. Large resorts will offer many private wedding and reception locations and several dining option for your guests. Smaller resorts usually offer a more personalized experience. Although you may have limited wedding ceremony and reception location option
- Wedding Resorts Location Backdrops: If you want to have stunning picturesque photographs of your wedding day, you might want to look a wedding destination resort offers mountains in the background, sparkling turquoise-blue ocean waters and breathtaking flowers and vegetation surrounding you.
- Wedding Resorts Ceremony and Reception Private Venue Location Options: Not all resorts offer a private location for their wedding reception and reception. Start by comparing the basics: cost, ceremony location, number of guests included in their ceremony and reception packages, cost of food and beverages included, extra hours costs, decorations included and policies on using outside vendors.
- Private Menu Options: Request the private menu options from the resort, find out if they can customize the menu and what is the cost to customize it.
- Balancing your ceremony and reception wedding budget with guest travel budget: The wedding guest travel cost and your wedding budget is an important factor in determining the right wedding resort for you and your guests, you do not want to choose a wedding resort that is more than your guest can afford, also you need to find the right resort that has private events space that you can host your event, some lower cost resorts many not have the space to host larger events.
Picking Your Caribbean Island Destination Wedding Venue Location
- Does the resort or a venue that match your style : Each resort and wedding venue has their own style; some cater to adults only, family, modern or historical venue. Find out what does your destinations and islands has to offer to you and your guest for fun activities, culture and history.
- Is the location easy access for your wedding guests: Keep your guests in mind when choosing your destination if you have older family members you might consider an island that is easy to access
- Understand how your guest numbers can change your wedding budget: Many sites require you to have a certain number of guests to book your venue location; if you don't have enough, you could end up paying for meals or rooms for guests who are no-shows.
- Find out what happens if your guests stay off-site: Some resorts require a daily fee for visiting guests from other hotels especially if it is an all-inclusive wedding resort.
- Know the marriage rules: If there are residency requirements or paperwork needs you can't fulfill, consider having a legal union at home and a nonbinding ceremony at the site.
- Find out exactly what's included in the package price: Some resorts include just the location fee, and you'll pay extra for flowers and food; others will include décor and even photography in their price. Also some island resorts will charge 18% to 23% services charge for coordinating the wedding and helping select your vendors.
- Use your credit or check card to pay for everything: Pay as many vendors as possible with your credit or check card, it will help you keep track of everything you paid for and have some protection in case you need to dispute the chargers, alert your credit-card company and let them you know before you use your card so you avoid any problems.
- Know all the costs when you are choosing your resorts: In some parts of the world, hotel taxes and resort fees can add 20 percent to the room cost.
At Weddings Romantique we will be provide with a Destination Wedding Budget with different destination venue and island options so you can decide what your priorities are, and you'll be able to narrow it down to a few key options, click her to learn more about our destination wedding services
- Have a back up plan: Ask what options are available if the weather doesn't cooperate. Your resort may have an indoor location you could use, or they may allow you to postpone things until later in the afternoon or even the following day.
- Understand your contracts: Make sure you are clear on all the terms and conditions, including payment due dates, refund policies and security deposits.
- Request a written confirmation: Even if you're working in a culture that doesn't do formal contracts, draft a letter with the details you've agreed on, and have both you and your professional sign it. You'll have less confusion if there's a discrepancy.
- Consider a photographer from home: For this all-important vendor, it may pay to cover the expenses of flying a great photographer in from the U.S. You'll have a better guarantee that you'll get the shots and Document the entire weekend, by having the photographer participate at the rehearsal dinner, arranged activities and the day-after brunch you can really capture the spirit of the entire event and all the things that will make your destination wedding unique so you can share it with family and friends.
- Get permits for all vendors: Apply for working papers for your wedding vendors if needed. some Islands and resorts require each vendor to get a permission to do business on the islands
- Book your wedding venue early: Book the package, reception and rooms early in order to secure the date and time you truly want. Destination weddings are becoming very popular especially on holiday and weekends.
- Set up a wedding website: You can create a wedding website for next to
nothing, and it's a fast, easy way to connect with guests and give them all the
info they need to plan their trip.
Caribbean Island Destination Wedding Venue Site Inspection:
Plan a wedding site inspection 9 to 12 months before your wedding if have not visited your island before. The cost is well worth the peace of mind you'll feel after meeting with your vendors in person and seeing how the site works.
- Check out their reception setup. Ask to see what sorts of dishes, linens, tables and chairs your site offers.
- Look at the flow.: When you're on your wedding site inspection trip, try to envision how your party will happen.
- Menu Tasting: ask to try taste something for everyone, while most guests will love trying more adventurous dishes that incorporate the local culture, be sure there's a safer option (a basic chicken or pasta dish) that will please more cautious palates.
At Weddings Romantique, we will help plan and coordinate your site inspection to determine the venue and resort location, schedule vendor meetings and menu tasting click to learn more our Destination Weddings Venue Site Inspection Services
Caribbean Island Destination Wedding Guest Travel Information:
- Understand how your guest room blocks work: Some resorts will ask you to guarantee bookings, leaving you on the hook to pay for unfilled rooms.
- Request RSVPs in advance : Send your Save the dates followed by your invitation at least 4 months before your wedding in order to get you RSVP and ask that unfilled rooms get released back into resort system for re-booking a few months before your wedding date.
- Choose a variety of guest rooms: Your in-laws may want to book a larger suite however your single friends may want to book a less expensive rooms.
- Verify minimum-stay requirements: some popular destinations in high season, many hotels will require three nights stay or more to qualify for he group rates
- Check about guest privileges nearby: Some hotels have arrangements that allow you to use facilities at another resort, such as the golf course, spa or nightclub.
- Use an airline fare tracker for flights: Keep guests informed as rates rise and fall and they may be able to take advantage of sales.
- Arrive at your destination early: Arrange to arrive a few days before the big day. This will give you time to handle any last-minute glitches, get over your jet lag and most importantly, relax.
- Plan your flights strategically: Take the earliest nonstop or direct flight of the day to minimize flight disruptions.
- Verify if there are hidden fees: Your site may charge you anywhere from $3 to $10 per guest to deliver the welcome baskets, or levy a surprise $50 "resort fee" on top of daily hotel rates.
- Talk to your fiancé about pre- and post wedding ceremony sleeping arrangements :If you decide to sleep apart in the lead-up to the wedding, make sure you book accommodations for each of you -- and then rebook into a nice suite for the wedding night.
- Hire a destination wedding coordinator/planner: You will have an expert to help you manage every detail, although most resorts offer a Catering Sales Manager, or in house wedding planners they usually only handle all the details and responsibilities that are related to their Venue. They are not responsible for planning your entire wedding.
At Weddings Romantique, We will take care of the entire Destination Wedding Planning from sourcing the right vendors, creating an event design that reflect your style, personality and budget to all the legal requirements for getting married on away from home. Our professional destination wedding planners are certified with over 10 years of experience in the industry, leaving no doubt that your wedding details will be handled with the utmost of care.
We will manage your wedding planning process by providing snapshots of your stylish destination wedding design elements to all vendors and help them bring their parts forward, so the band plays on cue, plates are placed in perfect harmony, and the candles are lit to welcome you and start the celebration. Click here to learn more about our destination weddings services.
We love to hear from you!
Let us be your Destination Weddings Team, please fill our inquiry form and tell us about your ideas and vision and we will be glad to contact and set up your one hour complimentary consultation.