Stylish Wedding Cakes Tips and Ideas
- Take a look at your guest count. First and foremost you want to be sure you'll have enough cake to serve all your guests. Generally, three tiers will serve 50 to 100 guests; you'll likely need five layers for 200 guests or more. If the reception is in a grand room with high ceilings, consider increasing the cake's stature with columns between the tiers. (A "stacked" cake is one with its layers stacked directly atop each other, with no separators.)
- Start by looking for inspirations online and narrowing them down by color selection and matching them to your wedding theme.
- Choose a cake that's compatible with the style of the venue, the season, your gown, the flower arrangements, or the menu. If you want colorful accents (such as sugar flowers or icing ribbons), give your baker fabric swatches. If you want to garnish your cake with fresh flowers, find out how they typically will work with the florist, and will he or she can decorate the cake with flowers at your reception.
- When it comes to decoration the most inexpensive option is fresh fruits or flowers and can be applied by your florist for a minimal fee. All additional decorations including marzipan fruits, chocolate-molded flowers, and lace points will raise the rate. Check with your local cake designer on how they price their cake designs.
- Get the facts on frosting Buttercream or fondant, Buttercream is often much more delicious. But if you love the smooth, almost surreal-like look of fondant as much as we do, consider frosting the cake in buttercream first and then adding a layer of fondant over the entire confection check with your cake designer on different options available.
- If you're having an outdoor wedding in a hot climate, stay away from whipped cream, meringue, and buttercream: They melt. Ask your baker about summer icing options; You might want to go for a fondant-covered cake -- it doesn't even need to be refrigerated
- Bring your wedding theme inspiration when you are meeting with your professional baker, he or she will be able to guide you along the way as well to bring out the absolute best features in your cake design.
- There is several ways to personalize your cake, you can add a fun cake topper that symbolizes your relationship or you can add few cake decorations pieces throughout your cake design to tell your story.
At My Stylish Event by Weddings Romantique, We take pride in delivering each event with an elegant style, impeccable planning, and seamless execution. We will be glad to help you create a Stylish Wedding Cakes Design that matches you wedding theme style and vision.
Let us be your Event Planning and Design team for your wedding or event please fill our inquiry form and tell us about your ideas and vision and we will be glad to contact and set up your one hour complimentary consultation
Weddings Romantique Team